Tell the UK Government: fix the UK’s plastic waste crisis

The biggest ever investigation into household plastic waste has revealed that only 12% of our household plastic waste is actually being recycled in the UK. The other 88% of our plastic waste is:
- burned in incinerators (46%)
- buried underground at landfill (25%)
- dumped on other countries (17%)

It's a scandal. It’s time the government got serious about tackling the plastic crisis. The government must act now to reduce single-use plastic, ban all waste exports and the building of new incinerators and finally roll out a deposit return scheme.


To: The UK government

“Fix the UK’s plastic waste crisis: reduce single use plastic by 50% by 2025, ban all waste exports, ban new incinerators being built, and roll out a deposit return scheme.”

* Required

You don't have to leave your email address or phone number, but if you do, we’ll use these to keep you updated on how you can get involved through petitions, campaigning, volunteering and donating. You can opt out at any time. We take the security of your data seriously. Your information is safe and secure with us – read our privacy policy

Thanks Supporter

Now, will you share this urgent petition with your friends? The more people who sign, the more pressure the government will feel.